PCMSCAN is a fully featured OBD-II scanner and diagnostic tool. It allows
viewing, charting, logging and playback of diagnostic data in real time via the
vehicle's OBD-II diagnostic data port. It also allows viewing of vehicle
Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC's), Freeze Frame data, and other vehicle
PCMSCAN supports 1996 and newer passenger
vehicles whether it be US, Asian, or European.
Supported OBD-II protocols: SAE-J1850 (PWM and VPW), ISO-9141, ISO-14230
(KWP2000), and ISO-15765 (CAN).
Download the demo,
then if you like it you can and turn your demo into a fully-working version.
Visit the user forum
for discussion and information about PCMSCAN, product features, and new
- Virtual Dashboards
- Highly configurable realistic looking
- Gauges can be moved, resized, and laid out
to resemble your own dashboard.
- Virtual dashboard layouts can be loaded and
saved from pre-existing templates or your own custom creations.
- Gauges can be configured to report the
minimum, maximum, and average values of the parameter being monitored.
- Highly configurable graphs allow
simultaneous graphing of up to 8 parameters per graph.
- Tables can be placed on virtual dashboards
and customized to report any parameters you want.
- Maps can be placed on virtual dashboards and
customized to display a full 3D view of any desired parameters.
- You can set up an unlimited number of
gauges, graphs, tables, and maps on your virtual dashboard.
- Data Logging
- Currently supports over 90 generic OBD-II
parameters, including O2 sensors.
- Also supports all aux. input parameters
available from the
Innovate Motorsports LM-1 Wide Band O2 meter.
- You can record and playback log files in
real time (1ms logging accuracy).
- You can save and load your log files for
- Playback speed can be adjusted to play
faster or slower than real time.
- There are no restrictions on how much data
you can log, it is only limited by how fast your OBD-II interface cable can
send the data and by how much memory you have in your computer.
- English and Metric (SI) unit measurement
- Customizable log file data export to .CSV
file for easy viewing in other programs like Excel.
- Export with real-time stamps for easy
correlation with external data logs.
- PIDs can be assigned priorities to speed up
the data capture rate.
- Trouble Codes
- Read stored and pending Diagnostic Trouble
- Clear the Check Engine or Service Engine
Soon indicator light.
- Read and clear stored Freeze Frame data.
- Look up trouble code descriptions offline,
without needing to connect to a vehicle first.
- Test Results
- Read the status of Continuously and
Non-Continuously Monitored Tests.
- Full support for printing and print preview.
- All of the different views, including the
virtual dashboards, support printing/print preview.
- For those who possess a knowledge of the
OBD-II protocol, PCMSCAN provides an OBD-II Terminal where you can send
custom commands to the vehicle.
- Interface Cables
- PCMSCAN supports the following OBD-II
- Autotap AT1, AT2, AT3, AT123 (v2.x)
- VIA LDV100, LDV200, LDV300, LDV123
- Multiplex Engineering T16
- ELM320, ELM322, ELM323 (v2.x)
- ELM327 (all versions)
- Any SAE-J2534 compliant OBD-II interface.